In this article, you will learn how to get kool aid out of hair.
Yes, It’s completely possible to getting kool-aid out of hair but with proper ways. First of all, You can’t remove Kool-Aid from hair at your first attempt. But by following several steps, you will able to remove Kool-Aid from hair fast.
Depending on your limits of hair washes,kool-aid will go within 2 weeks. But if wanna see the results fast then you should use Baking Soda to remove kool aid from hair.
When it comes to quick results for Kool-Aid out of hair, then Vinegar also works great.
So to get the instant result, you can use Baking Soda or Vinegar procedure.
There are many ways to remove kool-aid from hair. But here are the five most used ways.
- Baking Soda
- Frequent Washings
- Clarifying Shampoo
How to get Kool Aid out of hair with Baking Soda
When it comes to removing Kool-Aid dye from hair, then people use baking soda most as a kool-aid hair dye removal.
How to do
You are going to learn how to get kool aid out of hair at home.
Take a small size pot.
First of all, take a pot and put a small amount of water on that pot. Put the pot on the stove for boiling. You don’t have to boil lots of water because you will only dip the selected area of your hair.
Boil the water.
Boil the water in the medium range of heat and boil the water for 5 minutes.
Add baking soda on water.
Add 1 tablespoon of baking soda on the boiling water. The water will fizz a little because of the mix. Don’t worry. This is the normal react of baking soda & water.
Remove the pot from the stove
Remove the boil water pot from the stove and set it on a stable place.
Dip your hair on the baking soda mixture.
Dip the selected area of your dyed colour into the pot. Absorb your hair in the water for 30 seconds.
Wash your hair.
Take a shower and rinse your hair properly with regular shampoo. Don’t try to use dandruff shampoo because it will make your hair badly dry.
You will find your hair more faded than before the treatment.
- Do not dip your hair to the pot when the pot still placed in the stove.
- Don’t place your kool-aid hair on the pot for more than 30 seconds.
- Don’t try this more than once a week. (Although there is a big chance that your kool-aid dyed will totally go after the first attempt but If not then try this second week.)
For Better understanding, watch this youtube video. You will find it helpful.
Use Vinegar as kool-aid hair dye removal
Vinegar can also help you to clean your dyed hair. Actually, Vinegar has the ability to clear chemical build-up, which is made by hair products or hair colour from your hair. That’s why vinegar use to fade hair colour/dyes like Kool-Aid.
- Take a cup of warm water and add 1 tablespoon of vinegar on the cup.
- Mix vinegar properly with warm water.
- Apply the mixture over the kool-aid parts of your hair.
- Wait 5 minutes to get the best result.
- Wash your hair with warm water. You will find significant changes.
- You won’t see that all the dyes have gone at your first attempt. But with this process, it will fade fast.
- While applying vinegar mixture on your hair avoid getting it into the closed area of your eyes. Vinegar has some acidic chemicals and even it can damage your natural eyes defences. However, if the mixture gets into your eyes then wash your eye as soon as possible and take necessary treatment from a specialist doctor.
Increase the number of Hair Washing times
Increasing the number of times you wash your hair is also a great way to get kool-aid out of hair fast. But it takes more time than the above two steps but you will definitely see some results in two weeks.
- Wash your hair couple of times a day.
- Use regular shampoo while washing your hair. It will help your hair to get rid of too much dry.
As like vinegar Clarifying Shampoo has the ability to clear chemical build-up. Actually, It’s mainly formulated for clear chemical build up.
While you’re washing your hairs several times a day then use Clarifying shampoo because it will add more effectiveness and it will able to see the result fast.
Although it won’t give you the result immediately like Vinegar but clarifying shampoo will help you to fade your hair fast. The best part about Clarifying Shampoo is; Almost every clarifying shampoo is approved for daily to daily use.
If you’re confusing about which Clarifying Shampoo Should you use? We recommend you to use Redken Clean Maniac Hair Cleansing Cream Shampoo by Redken.
If you have any questions or any queries then feel free to comment below.
We always stand to help you.
Does Kool Aid damage your hair?
NO, It doesn’t. Kool-Aid doesn’t have any damageable chemicals that may damage your hair. So Don’t Worry. It won’t damage your hair.
Is kool aid hair dye permanent?
NO, It isn’t. Dying your hair with Kool-Aid is only temporary.
How long will kool aid last in blonde hair?
It depends on a person. It depends on how you treat your hair after dying your hair with kool-aid. It depends on how many times you wash your hair a day. Generally, It takes a few days to a few weeks to fade.
When it comes to how to get kool aid out of hair at home then there are few options to choose such as baking soda, vinegar, clarifying shampoo & more. Baking soda & vinegar will provide you result faster than others. Although other ways also work however they take a little bit more time than baking soda & vinegar. I would love to suggest you, go with the Baking soda method because it’s easy & more effective.
You May Also Love to Read